Source: Activist Post
May 13, 2018
By B.N. Frank
Many people don’t know that Wi-Fi (Wireless Frequency) is Wireless Radiation or Microwave Radiation – like what cooks food in a microwave oven.
In June 2008, the University of California, Irvine provided a statement about Wi-Fi safety concerns and research.
In their statement, they recommended that small children not be exposed to Wi-Fi for long periods. This is also sometimes referred to as The Precautionary Principle. They listed cell phones and laptops as sources of Wi-Fi. They also cautioned about children being exposed to multiple sources of Wi-Fi at the same time.
Since 2008, more research has been done and released to the public about health risks from exposure to Wi-Fi and other sources of Electrical Pollution (Electrosmog). There have also been many warnings (see list below).
Despite this, there STILL has been no safe level of wireless Wi-Fi radiation exposure scientifically determined for children or pregnant women.
Since Wi-Fi is almost everywhere now, small children and everyone else are being exposed to individuals, businesses, medical facilities, schools, etc. operating and using multiple sources of Wi-Fi almost all the time.
Children growing up now probably think Wi-Fi is magic. Most young adults probably think the same. Why wouldn’t they? Many older adults probably think Wi-Fi must be safe or there would be more warnings.
Of course, tech inventors – including the late Steve Jobs – must have been paying attention all along. For several years they have been deliberately limiting their own kids’ exposure to wireless devices even sending them to private low-tech schools.
Regardless, telecom companies have continued making and marketing wireless devices, products and infrastructure to everyone under the sun from cradle to grave including state and federal elected officials and community leaders in the U.S. and all over the world.
Documentaries have been produced about this including Generation Zapped, Mobilize, Take Back Your Power, and Wi-Fried. SaferEMR.com also provides a running list of U.S. news stations that have aired segments about radiation concerns.
Here is a short list of additional media mentions about medical warnings since 2008:
- 2009: Dr. Oz warns about cell phone radiation exposure on Good Morning America
- 2010: GQ magazine: Warning: Your Cell Phone May Be Hazardous to Your Health
- 2010: NBC News: Is Electrosmog Harming Our Health?
- 2011: CNN: World Health Organization (WHO): Cell phone use can increase possible cancer risk
- 2012: The American Academy of Pediatrics started expressing concerns about new technology harming kids.
- 2012: Research determined that cell phone and WiFi radiation can disrupt the blood-brain barrier which may cause it to leak.
- 2016: Mayo Clinic determined “Sending Text Messages On Your Smartphone Changes The Rhythm Of Your Brain Waves.”
- 2018: CBS News posted “8 Dumb Things to Boost Cancer Risk”
- 2018: Dr. Oz airs segment,“The Rise of 5G Cell Towers”
- 2018: The Nation, Democracy Now, and NPR make accusations regarding cell phone radiation and 5G technology risks, compare The Telecom Industry to “Big Tobacco.”
Many celebrities have spoken publicly about their concerns about health risks from Wi-Fi exposure. The most colorful and memorable example may be this disagreement between sisters Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian.
I’ve never kept up with the Kardashians but this video clip makes me want to reach through the screen and give Kourtney a big bear hug.
There are guidelines and warnings included in manuals for personal electronic and wireless devices. Apparently, Kourtney Kardashian reads them. Most people do not. In fact, many people feel like her sister, Khloe – that we’re all going to die from something anyway so why should we care about Wi-Fi exposure.
For better and for worse, children tend to imitate the adults in their lives. If you aren’t thinking about whether or not Wi-Fi is safe, why should they?
For more information, contact the following organizations:
- Center For Safer Wireless
- Citizens for Safe Technology
- Clear Light Ventures
- Environmental Health Trust
- In Power Movement
- Scientists for Wired Tech
- We Are The Evidence