Think of the millions of folks, including members of the Armed Forces, who have raised their right hand and said, “I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”
Think of the millions who have placed their right hand over their heart and said, “I pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.”
How could anyone who has pledged their devotion to the Constitution, reconcile the following violations of the Constitution that are destroying America? When will it end?
- For decades, our Government has been meddling in the internal affairs of other countries, without any Constitutional authority, causing foreign nationals to direct their hostilities towards us, which has given us a War on Terror and a growing Police State that is repugnant to the Fourth Amendment and the General Welfare of a Free People;
- For decades, we have had undeclared wars in violation of the War Powers clauses of Articles I and II;
- We are now gifting and lending public money and credit to private corporations for decidedly private purposes (corporate welfare), without any constitutional authority, whatsoever;
- We have a fiat currency, in violation of the money clauses of Article I;
- We have been emitting trillions of dollars worth of Bills of Credit through or under the auspices of the Federal Reserve System in violation of Article I;
- We have been incurring trillions of dollars worth of debt for the payment of expenditures for programs and activities that are not enumerated in Article I, and therefore not authorized;
- We have a fraudulently ratified 16th Amendment in violation of Article V, a direct, un-apportioned tax on labor in violation of the tax clauses of Article I, and a judicial system that refuses to consider the evidence, in violation of Article III;
- For decades we have had unenforced immigration laws in violation of that mandate, plainly-worded in Article II, that requires the President to “faithfully execute” all the laws passed by Congress;
- We have a President who apparently is not a natural born citizen, a violation of Article II;
- We are counting our votes in secret, as all machines do, in violation of our constitutional right not only to vote but to know that our votes are being accurately counted;
- We have an absence of well-regulated state militias, and we have federal gun control laws, all in violation of the Second Amendment;
- For decades, in violation of the sovereignty clauses of the Declaration of Independence, the United States has been entering into treaties, contracts and relationships with foreign entities, and giving authority to international bodies, dissipating, destroying and undermining America’s sovereignty;
- We have private land being taken for private purposes in violation of the Fifth Amendment.
- We have a Government about to become a provider of Health Care, and about to order the People to purchase a product, powers that are not enumerated in Article I, and therefore not authorized.
- We have money bills originating in the Senate, in violation of Article I.
- We have a Senate that is using a supermajority vote to decide whether to enact a law, without an amendment to the Constitution, all in violation of Article I, Sections 3 and 5, and Article 5.
These violations have challenged the Constitutional Republic of the United States and Her People to Its core.
Above all, we have government officials who, for fourteen years, and more, have refused to honor their fundamental obligation to respond to the People’s First Amendment Petitions to Redress these violations. I call this the “capstone grievance.”
It is well settled in American Jurisprudence that if anyone has an obligation to respond and he fails to do so, his silence amounts to admission. It is also well settled that any Right that is not enforceable is not a Right – that is, with every Right there is a Remedy. However, the Constitution cannot defend itself. It is the duty of the People to defend it.
The We The People Foundation exists for the purpose of protecting and defending our federal and state Constitutions and to ensure the day comes when the American People will have institutionalized citizen vigilance for the purpose of routinely holding their elected officials accountable to their Constitutions, regardless of their political stripes and whether they voted for them.
The vision for Continental Congress 2009 came in December of 2008, while I was preparing to give a speech at Faneuil Hall in Boston. The idea was well received. From January 1 – May 1, I traveled to 88 cities in all 50 states to meet with People to see if this was an idea they would support and help make a reality. They agreed.
On May 21, the Foundation sponsored a meeting of leaders of the Freedom movement at the Jekyll Island Club in Georgia. This was the place where the Federal Reserve was first conceived in 1910. We stood in the Federal Reserve Room, as it is called, and asked our Creator to put a new and righteous record for America in the place of what had gone before. We believe our prayers were answered. We discussed Continental Congress 2009 and if this was an idea they could support and help make a reality. They all agreed.
From June 1 – October 10, a national structure was established to accommodate Continental Congress 2009. State coordinators in nearly every state volunteered their time and energy along with other citizens. A small national management team formed to assist. Delegates were nominated in each state to attend the Congress.
A Constitutionally – correct election was held on October 10. On November 11, 2009, the delegates attended Continental Congress 2009 at the Pheasant Run Conference Center in St. Charles, Illinois, sponsored by the Foundation. The Delegates of Continental Congress 2009 were not professional legislators or wordsmiths. They were ordinary, non-aligned citizens from across America and all walks of life. They set aside their lives for this Assembly. They represented You and Me, the Free People of America.
The conclusion of their efforts, their recommended Course of Action to restore and maintain Constitutional obedience in America, is This Document called ‘‘Articles of Freedom.’’
It is proposed that these Articles be distributed to All in the Land, with the intent to draw the attention and courage of a “goodly number of millions of People” who, entitled to their Freedom and essential to Its maintenance, Arise to Restore and maintain the Constitution for the United States of America.
Then and only then shall America’s Destiny be Fulfilled.
Please take the time to read the Articles of Freedom. Learn about the Constitution. Take the Pledge to stand with millions of Americans as the Articles of Freedom are served on our elected officials, and then, if necessary, to participate in coordinated, non-violent, legal and Constitutional civic actions to stop the violations.
Robert L. Schulz
Founder and Chairman
We The People Foundation for Constitutional Education, Inc.